2017 Book Blog Discussion Challenge
Goal: Creative Conversationalist (11 posts)
Current: 12/11 (Creative Conversationalist)
Goodreads 2017 Reading Challenge
Goal: 60 books
Current: 62 books
Last year was a spectacular reading year on Goodreads. I won’t be reading quite as many picture books, so I set my goal to 60 books because now I will not feel as bad about reading a lot of picture books or graphic novels.
Pages Read 2017 Challenge
Goal: 17,000 pages (Bonsai)
Current: 12,903 pages
This challenge is hosted by Gina @ Book Dragon’s Lair. Because Goodreads does not take the length of books into account, I want to keep track of the number of pages I read. This also lets me keep track of pages read even when I do not read the entire book.
Back to the Classics Challenge 2017
Goal: 6 of 12 categories
Banned/Challenged Books Reading Challenge 2017
Goal: 13 books (Uncontrolled)
Current: 9 books (Blow-up)
This year, the Banned/Challenged Books reading challenge is hosted by Book Dragon’s Lair.
2017 10th Annual Graphic Novel & Manga Reading Challenge
Goal: 12 books (Modern Age)
Current: 12 books
Nicola is hosting the 2017 10th Annual Graphic Novel & Manga Challenge. I have to post reviews for these to count.
2017 Library Love Challenge
Goal: 24 books (Thrifty Reader)
Current: 20 books (Dewey Decimal)
Note: I originally challenged myself to read 12 books for the challenge. I reached that goal, so I’m reaching for the next level.
2017 Operation Deepen Faith
Becky @ Operation Actually Read Bible is hosting 2017 Operation Deepen Faith, and I am opting only for the option to read the Bible, hopefully in a year. For the record, I am just reading the Protestant Bible.
Percent of Old Testament: 7.9%
Percent of New Testament: 0.0%
Percent of the Bible: 6.1%
2017 Picture Book Reading Challenge
Goal: 20 picture books for Option 2
Since I took the children’s literature course this fall, I rediscovered a love of picture books. The Picture Book Reading Challenge, hosted by Becky @ Becky’s Book Reviews.
2. a counting book – DK Braille: Counting by Fleur Star, designed by Jemma Westing
4. a book set on a farm or in the country – The Gigantic Turnip by Aleksey Nikolayevich Tolstoy, illustrated by Niamh Sharkey
7. a book with human characters – The Dunderheads by Paul Fleischman, illustrated by David Roberts
8. a book with animal characters – Si·su T’i·yeli T’a·gɨm Moŋgɨl HayaɁ: The Wašiw Legend of the Large Bird that Grew Pine Nuts retold and translated by Lisa Enos and Melba Rakow, ilustrated by Mauricio Sandoval
23. a book by Jon Scieszka – The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka, illustrated by Lane Smith
30. a book about trains or planes – Line 135 by Germano Zullo, illustrated by Albertine
39. a new-to-you illustrator – Two White Rabbits by Jairo Buitrago, illustrated by Rafael Yocktang
42. a book celebrating food (cooking, eating, trying new foods, eating healthy) – I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato by Lauren Child
53. a book by Mo Willems – Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! by Mo Willems
76. hate the text, love the art – The Pumpkin Blanket by Deborah Turney Zagwyn
84. a book about seasons – C’ošuŋi: The Wašiw Seasons as Told by Cošuŋi retold and translated by Lisa Enos and Melba Rakow, illustrated by BillyHawk Enos
98. a bilingual book – Guadalupe: First Words / Primeras Palabras by Patty Rodríguez, illustrated by Ariana Stein
101. an adaptation of a myth or legend – Pewet’sali Ɂi·da Damalali C’ɨk’ɨ HaɁka: The Wašiw Legend of Pewet’sali and Damalali and Their Adventure with Black Widow retold and translated by Lisa Enos and Melba Rakow, illustrated by Charles Munroe
Read It Again, Sam, Challenge
Goal: 8 books (Feeling Nostalgic)
The Read It Again, Sam, challenge, which is hosted by Bev Hankins @ My Reader’s Block. The purpose of this challenge is to reread your books and revisit old friends of those books.
The Well Read Pagan Reading Challenge 2017
Goal: 2 books
This year the Domestic Witch is hosting the Well-Read Pagan Reading Challenge, which encourages us to read or reread nonfiction books concerning Paganism (the ‘P’ is deliberate) or Wicca.
Reading Challenge Addict
Goal: 11 challenges (In Flight)
Current: 4 completed (Easy as Pie)
I need to include that I am a Reading Challenge Addict.
If you are interested in previous challenges that I have completed, please check out my page Previous Challenges.