I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Brittany @ Perfectly Tolerable. Thank you for the nomination, Brittany.
The Mystery Blogger Award was started by Okoto Enigma as a way to discover new blogs. I cannot explain it as well as she does, so I will quote her:
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
Here are the rules:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three things about myself:
- It’s rare to find me on campus without a cup of coffee.
- I have for a period of time studied six languages other than English. Most are still at the beginner level and have since been abandoned. I’m at an intermediate level for German, my highest for a second language, and am actively studying Japanese now.
- I like to collect fairy figurines and gnomes and books that have to do with fairies and gnomes.
My best posts are:
- ‘Cursed Child’: Can more authors be added to the creation of the series?
- Book Traveling Thursdays: The Handmaid’s Tale
- Using Book Covers in Reviews
Now to answer Brittany’s questions.
1. What is your favorite book?
Why is this hard question always asked? I suppose City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare. It’s one of those books that I want to read over and over again. There are few scenes in it that I can’t get out of my head.
2. What was the last thing you created?
A blog post draft as a class assignment. More artistically, spine poetry from the Project Runway Book Tag.
3. What is your favorite childhood memory? (Or at least a very good memory?)
A very good memory was sailing on the Thunder Bay River. It was a beautiful day during sailing classes. The boat I was on was allowed to sail closer to the marine sanctuary and the island behind Boys & Girls Club. It was beautiful and serene.
4. If you were granted 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
I assume these don’t have the dangerous consequences that most shows and movies always show. I wish…
- To know how to sew as well as Kini Zamora or Melissa Fleis on Project Runway so that I could make my fashion designs come to life.
- To spend the night in one of the ice hotels that Anthony Melchiorri went to in that Travel Channel special. I want to go to the one where you could look up at the night sky from the bed.
- Have you ever seen the shoe closet in Overboard? I want that for bookshelves.
5. What is the best joke you have ever heard / told? (This is my funny question, hahah get it? Cuz jokes are funny)
I don’t know which joke is the best I’ve ever heard, so I will go with one I saw on Facebook recently.
Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson were going camping. They pitched their tent under the stars and went to sleep. Sometime in the middle of the night, Holmes woke Watson up and said: “Watson, look up at the sky, and tell me what you see.”
Watson replied: “I see millions and millions of stars.”
Holmes said: “And what do you deduce from that?”
Watson replied: “Well, if there are millions of stars, and if even a few of those have planets, it’s quite likely there are some planets like Earth out there. And if there are a few planets like Earth out there, there might also be life.”
And Holmes said: “Watson, you idiot, it means that somebody stole our tent.”
My five questions:
- Besides what you normally blog about, what is one other thing you are passionate about?
- If all expenses were taken care of, where in the world would you want to go?
- Would you rather be a dragon or have a dragon? (This is my weird question.)
- If you could speak a language other than the one(s) you know, which would it be and why?
- What chance encounter changed your life forever?
- Briana and Krysta @ Pages Unbound
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction
- Eva @ Brilliantly Bookish
- Fleur Henley
- Neko Neha @ BiblioNyan
- Gemma @ Gem’s Curiosity Blog
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight
- Aj @ Read All The Things!
- Sam @ RiverMoose-Reads
- Cait @ Paper Fury