Yesterday was the official start of BookTube-A-Thon. This is a read-a-thon that was created by BookTubers for everyone to participate in. For one week (starting July 14th), we are supposed to read as much as possible. If you want, the reading and vlogging challenges are bonus for you. Personally, I will stick to reading challenges, and I will be updating my Twitter page with my page count for the day.
BookTubeAThon starts July 14th and ends July 21st. More information on BookTube-A-Thon can be found on its YouTube page. There are also Twitter sprints on its Twitter page. The Book Depository is hosting this year’s BookTube-A-Thon, so there is a 10% off coupon if you are interested.
- A book with pictures.
- Start and finish a series.
- A book with red on the cover.
- A book someone else picks out for you.
- A book from the genre you’ve read the least from this year.
- A book to movie adaptation.
- Read seven books (and/or an average of 300 pages per day)
I will try to complete as many of these challenges as possible. I will be shooting for the 300 pages per day instead of seven books.
Here are the books on my TBR pile:
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (I know I already read this, but I don’t count having time on Wednesday to read, so I swapped Wednesday for Sunday.)
- Branded by Abi Ketner
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
- The Awakening by Jeffrey Pierce
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
This is a crazy list. I hope I will be able to complete it. I know I won’t be able to start and finish a series very easily, so I will only count on completing half of this challenge. Memoirs of a Geisha keeps coming back to me (I remember buying this two other times and donating it two times, and I bought it again a couple days ago), so this is the perfect time to suck it up and read it.
Good luck to everyone participating! Let me know if you are participating or if there are any other read-a-thons are reading challenges I should participate in. Happy reading!